Pentax K-01 Key Features :
- 16.3 megapixels, APS-CMOS sensor.
- ISO 100-12800 (25600 Extended).
- Pentax KAF2 mount.
- 3" Fixed TFT LCD monitor.
- 1080p HD Video recording.
- Lithium-Ion D-LI109 rechargeable battery & charger or optional AA with adapter, approximately 540 pictures.
What made this camera is awesome is the KAF2 mount. It means this little box can mount most of the existing company SLR lenses. Besides, the new smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS interchangeable lens is the world’s thinnest interchangeable lens with 9.2mm size.
The K-01 will be available in yellow, black and white in March 2012 for $749.95USD - approximately RM2250 (body only) and $899.95USD - approximately RM2700 (lens kit including new DA 40mm XS) in Marc Newson designed packaging and with the Marc Newson designed strap. The smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS unifocal interchangeable standard lens will ship at the same time for $249.95 USD (approximately RM750).