Today is the company big day. The rumored has been flying around for more than a months and finally, Olympus officially announces the OM-D E-M5, first weather-sealed micro four thirds camera.
The compact and ready-for-action Olympus E-M5 boasts breakthrough innovations inside, including:
- A built-in 120-fps (frames-per-second) refresh rate, high-resolution electronic viewfinder (EVF) with outstanding image quality, eye detect and intuitive functionality that enables real-time viewing of shooting conditions
- A 16.1-megapixel Live MOS Sensor and TruePic™ VI image-processing engine for superior image quality and high sensitivity
- The world’s first 5-axis image stabilizer to compensate for multi-directional camera shake during both still photography and HD moviemaking
- The world’s fastest autofocusing system (FAST AF) plus new 3D AF tracking for improved performance following moving subjects at up to 9 frames-per-second sequential shooting
- A lightweight magnesium alloy body that is enhanced with the same dustproof and splashproof durability of the Olympus E-5 DSLR
- A tilting 3.0-inch touch screen OLED and new Movie Effects: One Shot Echo, for a semi-transparent frame at your whim and Multi Echo, for a multi-motion trail effect.
The specification is the same as leaked. Click here for our post few hours ago for more image.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Key Features :
- 16.1 megapixels Four Thirds CMOS Sensor.
- TruePic VI processor.
- ISO 200 - 25600.
- 35 focus points.
- Micro 4/3 Lens Mount.
- Art Filter.
- 3" tilting Touch control in electrostatic capacitance type OLED monitor.
- 100% electronic viewfinder coverage.
- No built-in flash.
- Video : 1080p HD.
- Lithium-Ion BLN-1 rechargeable battery.
- $999.99 - Approximately RM3,000 (Body only, available in Black and Silver)
- $1,299.99 - Approximately RM3,900 (Black or Silver body with black M.ZUIKO Digital ED 12-50 mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens)
- $1,099.99 - Approximately RM3,300 (Black body with black M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42 mm f3.5-5.6 II R lens)
In addition to that, Olympus also prepared the HLD-6 Power Battery Grip (dust- and splashproof). The HLD-6 is an adaptable, two-part grip that can be used either as a landscape grip for easier handling or as a portrait grip with an additional shutter release. The portrait grip accommodates an extra lithium-ion battery to supplement the one in the E-M5, thus extending battery life.
The FL-600R electronic flash (GN 50 at ISO 200 or GN 36 at ISO 100) offers improved recharge time and enhanced flexibility and operability for movie recording, and with a wireless control option. Equipped with a built-in LED, the FL-600R can be used to light movies and as a brighter AF auxiliary light.
Unfortunately the company decided to announce the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75mm f1.8 and the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f2.8 macro later this year. Click HERE for ISO test on this camera. It was splendid!
Are you all excited with this announcement? Hell yeah for us! The Olympus E-M5 will be available in April with Black & Silver colored.