Nikon D800 Key Features :
- 36.3 megapixels Full Frame FX format, CMOS Sensor.
- ISO 100 to ISO 6400 (Extendable to 50 to 25600).
- 4fps (5fps in DX mode) burst rate.
- 51-point AF.
- Full HD 1920x1080p (30fps) with 20 adjustable audio levels.
- 100% viewfinder coverage.
- 3.2-inch (921k dots) VGA LCD.
- Low-pass filter IR coating.
- Anti-reflection coating.
- Lithium-Ion EN-EL3e rechargeable battery.
One of the interesting thing with today's announcement is that Nikon has released an additional model called D800E, which is sold at a slightly higher price. So what's the difference or additional benefit this more expensive model brings? Both has the similar spec except one thing: the D800e has the ability to disable the optical low-pass filter in front of the CMOS which is used to provide anti-aliasing and moire pattern reduction.
The D800e treads in medium format territory for studio work or landscape photography when there is no exception to only the highest fidelity and sharpness.