He did hear about the specs of the device from Samsung reps and saw photos and slides of the device. The Galaxy S III will have :
- Quad-core 2.0GHz processor.
- 1.5GB RAM, expandable memory with 32GB built-in.
- 4.65-inch Super AMOLED III display developed specially for this phone with an odd 1280 x 1024 resolution, which will give it a pixel density of 352-PPI, the highest on a smartphone so far.
- 10 megapixel camera capable of recording 1080p videos at 60fps.
- Metal body with 9mm thickness and a 2,250mAh battery.
- Built-in NFC.
- Running Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
- TouchWiz 5.
If this spec is true, definitely we get to see a quadcore phone coming next year! However the display aspect ratio is rather odd as we never seen any android phone with 4:3 aspect ratio before.
Anyway do stay tune on it! Rumors said Samsung will announce the device at MWC 2012 with a worldwide release planned sometime in mid-2012.