The Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III is officially unpacked on last night in Malaysia, One Utama Hotel Kuala Lumpur. We are lucky enough to be one of the among first who manage to hands on on the device before it officially on sales.
Our Dygadget representative, Jackie did a short video on it. Check it out. Do note that it is a hands on video and, yea he miss out alot important infosince it is his first time did such video, kinda nervous..
Anyway to recap Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III specification :
- 4.8" 16M-color Super HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- Android OS v4.0.4 with TouchWiz.
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos 4 Quad chipset, 1GB of RAM.
- 8 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection, 2MP secondary video-call camera.
- 1080p HD video recording at 30fps.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n.
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; GLONASS support, Digital compass.
- 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot expansion.
- microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support, MHL, charging
- Stereo Bluetooth v4.0, FM radio with RDS.
- Super slim at only 8.6mm.
- NFC support
- Impressively large 2100 mAh battery
There is no internet around and sadly we couldn't conduct test such as S Voice and web browsing. But what really impressed us are the camera. Being 8mp shooter, we gotta admit it has rich color and sharp image compare to its predecessor, Sansung Galaxy S II.
Whats more? Zero shutter lag that make you spam like nobody business, 3.3fps when in burst rate. Same goes to front facing camera, it has zero shutter lag and that tiny 1.9mp sensor has ability to record 720p video. *Check out our hands on video for the video sample*
The Pop Up Play is good for people who always love to watch video. Just a tab to minimize it to a floating screen and you're free to open others apps. We do notice that the TouchWiz is pretty smooth compare to other Samsung model. Thumb up to Samsung for finally tweak and enhance their UI.
Nevertheless, Samsung galaxy S III indeed a great phone with highest specification ever u can find. We wish we could get a unit from Samsung to make a full review. Let's pray and stay tune on our site, kayz? ;)