We are invited to the media launch of the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III, which we called it UNPACKED (that's how they call in London :P) at One Utama Hotel, Imperial Room. Samsung Galaxy S III was announced back to few weeks and very fast, our local finally got a glimpse on it.
We would say it is very grand event. We doesn't feel alien, the stage, the crowd, the presentation, it is exactly like rewind back time and bring us back to the London UNPACKED event on last month. Thumb up to Samsung Malaysia Electronic for the good job. This is the feel every phone manufacture should have when unveiling their new flagship phone.
To recap the key features/specification of Samsung Galaxy S III :
- 4.8" 16M-color Super HD AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixel resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- Android OS v4.0.4 with TouchWiz.
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos 4 Quad chipset, 1GB of RAM.
- 8 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with LED flash, face, smile and blink detection, 2MP secondary video-call camera.
- 1080p HD video recording at 30fps.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n.
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; GLONASS support, Digital compass.
- 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot expansion.
- microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support, MHL, charging
- Stereo Bluetooth v4.0, FM radio with RDS.
- Super slim at only 8.6mm.
- NFC support
- Impressively large 2100 mAh battery
From the event itself, we get to see few demos on what Samsung galaxy S III can be done... for human.
- The burst rate of the camera - The camera has zero shutter lag for both front and back camera.
- Smart Stay - The front camera will identify your eye movement and maintain the brightness of display for continued and uninterrupted viewing pleasure.
- S Voice - Basically, it is your personally assistant that can can understand, listen and response to your words.
- Direct Call - If you decided to call the person after you finish reading the message send by the person, simply lift up the phone to the ear and it automatic call that person.
- Smart Alert - The phone will notify you on missed statuses for any missed messages or calls.
- S Beam - Just tap both phone on the back and it send file instantly.
- Buddy Photo Share - easy share photo and simultaneously in an image directly from the camera or photo gallery.
- All Share Play - share the files without any wireless connection between Samsung Galaxy S III and tablet, cameras and Television regardless the distance between the devices.
- Group Cast - A features under All Share Play, where user can share screen among multiple user under same WiFi network.
With all the extra software tweak, we gotta admit Samsung Galaxy S III indeed are impressive compare to other Android manufacture. It is design to understand human needs and make their life easier and better.
There is no official price announced on the night, but We are expecting the price around RM2199. Telco's will start launching the phone starting by next week. The 16GB version will available first and later on will be 32GB on shore. Samsung say depending on public response, they might consider bring 64GB model as well.
Of course, we get to hands-on on the devices itself. The next post will be a hands-on and quick preview for Samsung Galaxy S III, so stay tune to us!