Sunday, May 19, 2013

HTC One Hands On and First Impression

CLICK HERE FOR FULL REVIEW OF HTC ONE


Finally HTC One stock massively hits Malaysia. I just grab myself a unit. Yes it is my own unit since I wasn't exclusive enough to get review set. I really hope Dygadget get more support from everyone. Nevertheless, I been using HTC One for few days and I think it is not the time yet to give full review. There are alot stuff yet I test especially the camera. Hopefully I can get Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S4 together to do shootout ;)

Nevertheless, Here the video I did for unboxing and quick preview of HTC One.



Never regret to get black for myself though it is finger oil magnet. Too many people use silver and I don't feel standout. Pardon me, it is just me who love to be difference.


Before I continue, here the spec for HTC One as I mentioned in the video

  • 4.7-inch Super LCD 3 with 1080p resolution (469ppi)
  • 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600
  • Adreno 320
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32/64 GB internal memory
  • 4MP back facing camera with 1080p@30fps video recording (with HDR)
  • 2.1MP front facing camera
  • NFC
  • 2300 mAh
  • Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

The body is really gorgeous! Though I love Xperia Z glass body more, but HTC One do really feel premium. The solidness on hand is priceless. The weight is just right, not too heavy nor too light like Samsung Galaxy S4. Not to mention I have a small hand, but still manage to grab it with my full palm and my thumb able to reach another end. The width are almost identical to my previous phone, ASUS Padfone (1st Gen).


Nevertheless, here are my first impression of the phone

LIKE : -

1) Camera very fast responding and shoot! Sometime it shoot before I know it.
2) HTC Zoe work as it advertise. Well not completely perfect depending situation.
3) Photo are sharp enuf for my liking of course if you think not sharp enough for you feel free to increase the sharpness.
4) Screen are definitely gorgeous.
5) Solid body and weight. Not too thin either.
6) Boomsound is loud. Definitely the best for smartphone.
7) Sense 5 less animation, smoother UI!


Dislike : -

1) Not so friendly UI on camera. My friendly UI as in referring more button for quick setup (etc a shortkey button to change mode instead of tap the 3 dot button then change there).
2) I love to activate touch screen capture but it is too sensitive sometime. Accidentally touch also can capture a pic already.
3) WB decided to give warm color on lowlight. Will test more to double confirm it.
4) Nothing to shout on Blinkfeed.
5) Limitation in HTC Zoe is customize the video.
6) Facebook friends pictures appear in Gallery.
7) My unit LCD Panel made by Samsung and not Sharp (LOL).
8) Fingeroil magnet on black unit. I have yet try out Silver.


Next mission : -

1) Test daylight photo.
2) Test indoor photo (restaurant, cafe, more foods maybe? ).
3) Test HDR in both indoor and outdoor.
4) Play more with Zoe to justify it's reliability.
5) VIDEO!

Yeap, that's all my first impression of HTC One. I will provide full review after I use it for few more days and prepare for some shootout between Xperia Z and also Galaxy S4. No, no drop test since it is my own unit. Unless HTC are kind enough to lend me a unit to do so :P