Sunday, July 5, 2015
Illegear Z5 Specification:
Display: 15.6" Full HD ANti-glare IPS/AHVA Wide Color Gamut & Viewing Angle (1920 x 1080)
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-4730HQ (6MB L3 Cache, 2.6GHz)
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 with Optimus (Maxwell)
Thermal Compound: IC Diamond Thermal Compund - CPU & CPU
RAM: 16GB DDR3L RAM 1600MHz - 2 X 8GB
Primary Drive: 128GB MSATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Wireless Network Card: Realtek WLAN+BT
Operating System: Window 8.1 (Trial)
Illegear is a relatively new laptop brand that is cream of the crop among customization gaming laptop in Malaysia. If you have heard of Illegear, a majority of you must have know it from this laptop, Illegear Z5. This time again, thanks to Illegear, I am able to "fondle" it for a week or so. So, let's go into the PBM.
PC Mark's result is quite amazing, recording a 3260 with it's G70M graphic card i7 processor.
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/pcm8/7232726
As for Clound Gate, it easily achieve 20,812 score. But this is not a low end notebook or tablet, let's move to the next test.
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7282198
Ice Storm scores 87,100. Another score I am going to ignore since this is a test design for phone, mobiles and entry level devices.
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7282473
Ice Storm Extreme scores 86,261.
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7282304
Sky Diver scores 18,619
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7281676
Fire Strike 1.1 scores 6646. Although it is score better than average gaming laptop, but this is just a decent score that you got nothing to shout. Since Z5 is not a multiple GPU unit, you can't complaint too much, can you?
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7282104
Fire Strike Extreme get a even lower of 3390 scores, but I do notice that the temperature of both CPU and GPU are quite contained. A thumbs up for you I guess?
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7281937
Fire Strike Ultra scores 1740.
To compare, click here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7281833
You know I am not a boring ordinary blogger, I have my fair share of *cough* view in examining laptop using my *cough* own scale.
So this is the laptop when idle. The temperature of the CPU is around 45 degrees +/-
When the laptop performs rendering (video), the CPU can shoot up to 80 degree Celsius.
But if the laptop is moved to a air-cond room, the temperature drops down a few degrees.
If you are still not satisfy with our PBM, you can go to Lowyat, where they have the review and PBM there as well.
So aside of the PBM, here is my view of the laptop:
1. The laptop looks edgy due to it's LED light on the cover and around touch pad. Not your plain boring flat chest basic
bitch notebook, this one at least has some characteristic on it.
2. The elevated chiclet button is like a mechanical keyboard wanna be. It hard for desktop typing but it does comes in handy when gaming.
3. The macro keys that located suppose to be a added feature that comes in handy when gaming but it's position is too close to the power button and it only allows 2 keys combination for each macro key with only 4 buttons available. It might or might not be sufficient for you, depends on the program you are using.
4. The screen of this unit of Z5 is the IPS type. The color is quite solid, even in extreme angle, the color didn't wash out at all.
5. The screen is very wobbly, if your table is not stable, be prepare for a rough journey during your Kanjeong gaming session. It might or might not turn out to beneficial for you, depends what are you looking for.
6. Another added value of this unit is that it has build it web cam and mic, which locate on the top of the screen. The resolution is small but the quality is quite ok, better than what I was expecting from a web cam. The mic however, does capture a lot of white noise on a low amplitude, so your voice is still audible clearly when you are near to it.
7. As for audio output, I am blown away of how accurate the stereo speakers are how powerful the sub woofer is. Of course it's not as good as a home theater, but traveling with this kind of sound system is more than sufficient for my gaming experience.
So, that's all from me. If you wanna see what's inside Z5 and it's internal hardware component, you can view our video here:
If you already have a unit of Illegear Z5, please let us know what do you think about it, do it out perform what you expect?